Every car owner tries to do only the best for his car. Ideally, if it is almost free, it can improve the functioning of the engine and at the same time extend the life of its important parts.
However, one option that is far from being used by everyone is the correct application of dielectric silicone grease.
We supply the grease free of charge as part of packages of ignition coils and coil-on-plug boots. This is a 0.5 g pack. The pack can also be purchased separately. In addition to this small pack, we also offer a 10 g pack in a tube, which will be especially appreciated by service and specialist shop owners.
What are the main advantages of using dielectric grease?
- As a great insulator, grease improves insulation and helps prevent voltage leaks in the ignition system. This can significantly extend the life of ignition parts. This effect is achieved because the grease prevents arcing (unwanted electrical discharge).
- The grease significantly reduces the risk of the spark plug sticking to other ignition parts.
- The grease contains silicone, making it hydrophobic (waterproof). This helps repel moisture, preventing corrosion that could significantly degrade the quality of the electrical connection.
- The dielectric grease prevents dirt, water and contaminants from reaching the spark plug.
- The grease is an insulator that resists extreme temperatures, preventing thermal damage to parts.
- Silicone grease is a low-maintenance product that can remain effective for a long time.
How to apply silicone grease correctly?
Due to its non-conductive nature, dielectric grease must NOT be applied to metal contacts of ignition parts. Follow the instructions below when applying the grease:
1. Remove the spark plug.
2. Clean the spark plug and silicone boot with a cleaner and with a wire brush.
3. Squeeze a small amount of silicone grease onto a cotton swab or brush.
4. Use the swab or brush to apply a thin layer to the inside of the boot.
5. Always ensure that the grease does not get on the metal contacts of the ignition parts.
The use of silicone dielectric grease offers several advantages. To achieve these benefits, it is essential to follow the basic above-mentioned guidelines for proper application. If you need help, please contact us at any time. We will be happy to advise you.